Grace entered the accounting field later in life—she was inspired to return to school when her children left for college. Though she initially just took an accounting class for fun, she was surprised to discover a passion for the field. Currently in pursuit of her bachelor’s degree, Grace has proven to be a proactive and diligent professional. She truly believes that you can do anything you put your mind to—and she does!
With more than 13 years spent as the controller of a private company, Grace is a huge asset to the HeimLantz team. She has extensive experience in a variety of areas, including facility management, HR administration, annual budgeting, forecasting, business planning and analysis, financial reporting, and general accounting functions. These skills, and the many more which she has, make her an excellent resource for clients in her capacity as an outsourced accounting manager. With practically any problem that a client brings to Grace, she can say “I’ve been there and done that—here’s what you should do.”
A native of Annapolis, Grace currently lives in her hometown with her husband. They love living near to their adult children, who now have families of their own. Grace likes Annapolis because it is unique, has a storied history, and offers a small-town feel. One of her favorite activities in the city is cruising on the Chesapeake Bay.
- Phi Theta Kappa
- University of Maryland – University College
- Bachelor’s degree (in progress)
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Associate of Science (2015)
- Associate of Art in Human Services (1977)
- George Mason University
- Contracting with the Federal Government Certificate
Getting to know Grace:
- Grace’s favorite quote comes from John Muir: “The mountains are calling, and I must go.” She loves the peace and quiet of hiking in the mountains.
- As a child, Grace’s favorite toys were American Bricks (a forerunner to Legos) and matchbox cars.
- Grace’s favorite holiday is the Fourth of July because they always have great weather for barbequing with family and friends, and she loves watching the fireworks show from the community dock.