We are committed to delivering a great client experience while maintaining the safety of our team and our guests. Our offices are open but to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have limited staff on site. Please contact your accountant or call the office’s main line at 410-841-5575, if you would like to schedule a teleconference, video conference, or in-person meeting.
Dates to Remember
- April 15: this year’s filing deadline.
- March 1: all tax organizers and supporting documents need to be provided to our office by March 1. Delivering your documents after March 1 increases the likelihood that your tax return will need to be extended.
- March 19: we will automatically extend your returns if we have not received your initial information or are still missing significant information on or after March 19.
Tax Return Delivery
All tax returns will be delivered digitally through a secure and easy to use service called SafeSend. This new service allows you to download your returns, sign your E-file forms, and reminds you of your quarterly payments. If you would like to request a different delivery method please contact your accountant or call our main office at 410-841-5575.
SafeSend Returns allow us to send you your tax return securely and with easy-to-follow instructions. You will be able to complete and sign your returns digitally on your computer or tablet.
The process is safe, easy to use, and works as follows:
- When your returns are ready to be filed, you will receive an email from HeimLantz CPAs & Advisors, LLC from email address firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure you receive this email, please add this email address to your “safe” list.
- This email will contain a safe link for you to follow in order to obtain an access code. Once you enter the access code on the website, you will verify your identity by answering up to five questions. The IRS requires that you verify your identity before signing your returns for your own safety and protection.
- Once you answer the questions correctly, you will then be able to review and sign your returns electronically.
- You will be able to make payments online or print your payment vouchers to mail.
We are confident you will enjoy the ease of use, security, and enhancements of SafeSend.
Should you have any questions about any of the above information, please feel free to contact us at 703-299-6565.
Please note that the client portal is still available, allowing you to upload and download documents that your accountant may need to complete your return.